10 gal ISO

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
fandt94

10 gal ISO

Post by fandt94 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:40 am

I’m going to turn my 10 gallon tank into an ISO and/or temp holding tank when I do some changes on current tank. Should I still do the min. of 6 inches of substrate or should I do considerably less so they don’t decide to dig down?
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed

Hermiesguardian

Re: 10 gal ISO

Post by Hermiesguardian » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:19 pm

That's a good question. I am also awaiting the answer.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

JoeHermits
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JoeHermits » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:37 pm

I think that’ll depend. If they’re just waiting to go back into their renovated crabitat (hopefully only a few days at most), then I don’t think you would need all the substrate.

When I did a major overhaul to my tank a while back, I used a plastic tub as an iso with only an inch of sand. They were in there for only a few hours, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
fandt94

Post by fandt94 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:40 pm

Right now it will only be a holding tank for renovations, yes. After that’s done then I will probably make it an ISO so for the latter maybe have more substrate?
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed

JoeHermits
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JoeHermits » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:59 pm

fandt94 wrote:Right now it will only be a holding tank for renovations, yes. After that’s done then I will probably make it an ISO so for the latter maybe have more substrate?
Sounds about right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk