HydroBalls

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
amandapri82

HydroBalls

Post by amandapri82 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:16 pm

Just curious, has anyone used these in their tats? Image

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: HydroBalls

Post by aussieJJDude » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:44 pm

Most dont... since it's not really important to have a drainage layer like it would be in vivarium setups which receive a lot of waterings to keep humidity and moisture content high. That and the layer needed to separate the balls from the substrate is prone to not being crab proof.

(Not to mention, its very overpriced... a layer of gravel would do the same job and a lot cheaper... even a false bottom using PVC would be cheaper especially in larger tanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
amandapri82

Re: HydroBalls

Post by amandapri82 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:51 pm

aussieJJDude wrote:Most dont... since it's not really important to have a drainage layer like it would be in vivarium setups which receive a lot of waterings to keep humidity and moisture content high. That and the layer needed to separate the balls from the substrate is prone to not being crab proof.

(Not to mention, its very overpriced... a layer of gravel would do the same job and a lot cheaper... even a false bottom using PVC would be cheaper especially in larger tanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Thanks!

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk