A Few Problems

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
AwesomeHermit

A Few Problems

Post by AwesomeHermit » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:23 pm

I have a few problems that I have been going through. One problem is that one airstone isn't working. I use one air pump for two airstones, and I use a "T" which makes me able to connect two to be used with one air pump. I tried multiple airstones, and none worked. Another problem of mine is that my crabs are becoming inactive. All of them. Sometimes, when they are sleeping, they go in their shells almost all the way, and they never did this before. All my conditions are good. They also are slower.
One or hopefully two Clypeatus
Goodbye my little E. See you soon.
Bye Fred. You lasted almost 4 years with me. Hope you're with my E now! See you soon Reeba as well. I can't believe I lost you only after a month.
Crabbing for 4 years!

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: A Few Problems

Post by aussieJJDude » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:42 pm

It could be due to two things that your airstones aren't working as intended:
- pump is underpowered for the application (solution, get bigger pump

Or (more likely)
- the air is finding the path of the least resistance (consider getting valves to balance the flow

I find that the hermies tend to hide/slow when its cooler, has the tank temp dropped recently? Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about them tucking themselves into their shells. Its common behaviour...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
AwesomeHermit

Post by AwesomeHermit » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:44 am

The tank temperature is roughly 83 at and average. What do valves do?
Bye Fred. You lasted almost 4 years with me. Hope you're with my E now! See you soon Reeba as well. I can't believe I lost you only after a month.
Crabbing for 4 years!

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:12 am

AwesomeHermit wrote:The tank temperature is roughly 83 at and average. What do valves do?
They balance the flow of air, stopping it from taking the path of the least resistance.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
AwesomeHermit

Post by AwesomeHermit » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:54 pm

How do I use it?
Crabbing for 4 years!