Tank options

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
bubblegumsweat

Tank options

Post by bubblegumsweat » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:50 pm

I've been saving money for a new tank and I'm looking at an Exo Terra Terrarium large it would be (36",18",12"). I'm wondering if this is a good tank for them or if there are any better ones. I have 4 hermit crabs 2 small, 1 medium, and 1 large. I want this one because it has doors that open up in the front and it would make it easy for me.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Tank options

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:34 pm

Exo Terras are great tanks! You just have to customize it for the front by adding a piece of glass or plexiglass so that the substrate can be higher and you can still open the doors. They also can be very costly. You are best to look for a used one. I use all my exo terras as toppers, and picked them all up used. Good luck.
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Ronbo0032

Re: Tank options

Post by Ronbo0032 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:16 pm

GotButterflies wrote:Exo Terras are great tanks! You just have to customize it for the front by adding a piece of glass or plexiglass so that the substrate can be higher and you can still open the doors. They also can be very costly. You are best to look for a used one. I use all my exo terras as toppers, and picked them all up used. Good luck.

When you say that you use them as toppers, how exactly are you doing that? I’ve seen pics where people are putting smaller tanks on top of larger ones for more stories. Not sure how they are attached tho.