Vinegar/cleaning

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
fandt94

Vinegar/cleaning

Post by fandt94 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:50 pm

I’ve seen posts about cleaning a tanks glass with vinegar....can I do this with crabs in the tank?
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Vinegar/cleaning

Post by GotButterflies » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:10 pm

Honestly, you do not need to do this. Dry paper towels with a little elbow grease does the trick for me. As much as I love vinegar, it burns my nose. I can imagine it isn't pleasant for the crabs, although it is deemed safe for them.
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
fandt94

Post by fandt94 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:59 pm

GotButterflies wrote:Honestly, you do not need to do this. Dry paper towels with a little elbow grease does the trick for me. As much as I love vinegar, it burns my nose. I can imagine it isn't pleasant for the crabs, although it is deemed safe for them.
Thanks! Its warm and humid here today so trying take advantage and wipe down the tank and re-arrange what I can :wink:
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:44 pm

Yw! :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

hprmom

Post by hprmom » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:08 am

I bought some Norwex a few months ago and got free samples of the microfiber cleaning cloth and glass cleaning cloth, so decided to dedicate them for tank use. They’re intended to use only with water and they work great! The microfiber has a lot of “tooth” so it scrubs the glass well. I should think any microfiber dishcloth would do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:20 am

Vinegar is safe to use around the crabs, keepers have been using it for decades without any issues. If you have hard water or salt build-up it may be the only thing that works!
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
fandt94

Post by fandt94 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:55 pm

hprmom wrote:I bought some Norwex a few months ago and got free samples of the microfiber cleaning cloth and glass cleaning cloth, so decided to dedicate them for tank use. They’re intended to use only with water and they work great! The microfiber has a lot of “tooth” so it scrubs the glass well. I should think any microfiber dishcloth would do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I LOVE Norwex! Unfortunately my kids ruined the last 2 I had by cleaning up gasoline in the garage grrrr....just ordered more the other day!