Finally got them switched over.

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:31 am

I finally got 4 of mine in the 29 gal, I haven’t seen Crabina in a week so she’s still in small tank. I still need some plants, a half log hideaway and some other things. I’m going to change my water pools bc they take up too much ground room. My craft mesh floats bc I only have a bottom layer in bc they can get in and out. Crabina might have trouble bc Squirt can just get out and Crabina is even smaller. I’ll have them changed out tonight so it’ll bc done before she comes up. I have a cut in half drink holder to act as my log hideaway for now. They haven’t dug under yet, they’ve actually been hanging out in the moss and on the cholla wood. They seem to be very happy.

Salty, Bob, and Squirt

Salty back in Rod’s old shell, she’s my fashionista that’s always changing shells

Squirt

My sweetheart, Bob, he is so friendly.

Rod enjoying cholla wood

Rod and Squirt cuddling

Rod and Squirt, I think Squirt is eating moss

Finished wheel

Any comments or changes anything are welcomed.

♡ Rod ♡ Salty ♡ Bob ♡ Squirt ♡ Crabina ♡
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers »-♡->

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Finally got them switched over.

Post by curlysister » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:25 pm

Ooooo, I LOVE that huge piece of cholla wood - where did you get it??
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

fandt94

Post by fandt94 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:09 pm

Looks great! I know what you mean about the water dishes and taking up land space. I only put 1 of my new larger pools in my tank and left the other for now. My smaller one is large enough for my largest crab to submerge as I found out by accident last night...I scared him when I went to check tank stats before bed last night and he fell in!! :lol:

I can show you pics of both pools...maybe a smaller pool like mine will work better for you. I only have a 29 g long also.

Anyways...the crabs all look happy exploring their new home and I LOVE that piece of cholla too!

Edited to add: your Rod & Squirt remind me of my two...the largest and smallest...and both mine are in the same shells as yours too!
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed

Topic author
RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:17 pm

curlysister wrote:Ooooo, I LOVE that huge piece of cholla wood - where did you get it??
I got them on eBay for $16.00 for both of them plus $10 shipping. I thought it was a great deal especially for how big and beautiful the pieces are. The seller is renegade*steve he’s got a lot of very nice pieces for sale. Squirt is inside of the one that I have going up to my smaller moss pit, I hope she’s not stuck.

Topic author
RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:19 pm

fandt94 wrote:Looks great! I know what you mean about the water dishes and taking up land space. I only put 1 of my new larger pools in my tank and left the other for now. My smaller one is large enough for my largest crab to submerge as I found out by accident last night...I scared him when I went to check tank stats before bed last night and he fell in!! :lol:

I can show you pics of both pools...maybe a smaller pool like mine will work better for you. I only have a 29 g long also.

Anyways...the crabs all look happy exploring their new home and I LOVE that piece of cholla too!

Edited to add: your Rod & Squirt remind me of my two...the largest and smallest...and both mine are in the same shells as yours too!
Thank you. That’s cool that mine remind you of yours with the same shells. Yeah post some pictures, I’d like to see yours. I definitely want to get some smaller pools.

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:51 pm

Thank you! I am going to order some new cholla from him for my tank!!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

fandt94

Post by fandt94 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:05 pm

RiNiKy506 wrote:
fandt94 wrote:Looks great! I know what you mean about the water dishes and taking up land space. I only put 1 of my new larger pools in my tank and left the other for now. My smaller one is large enough for my largest crab to submerge as I found out by accident last night...I scared him when I went to check tank stats before bed last night and he fell in!! :lol:

Thank you. That’s cool that mine remind you of yours with the same shells. Yeah post some pictures, I’d like to see yours. I definitely want to get some smaller pools.

Not the greatest of pictures but wanted to show you the significant size differences...the larger one is salt and the smaller one is fresh and where my largest crab fell into and was fully submerged...as you can see it doesn’t take up much space but is deep enough and big enough to submerge even with pebbles on the bottom for the smaller guys.
ImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed

Topic author
RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:13 pm

That is perfect, that’s the size I need. What kind of bowl is it? I want to get a hammock like you have to put across. I definitely need plants and other small things to add throughout.

fandt94

Post by fandt94 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:32 pm

RiNiKy506 wrote:That is perfect, that’s the size I need. What kind of bowl is it? I want to get a hammock like you have to put across. I definitely need plants and other small things to add throughout.

It’s from a set of various storage containers my son found at target...a no name brand. It’s 4 inches by 4 inches and about 3 inches deep or so. I have it doubled up. I posted a pic of the lid in relation to a can of soup lol

The hammock I ordered from amazon...it’s a reptile hammock and it’s quite sturdy. It came with large suction cups as well. I need some more plants too...I also have fish net to hang to cover the UTH in the back but I can’t do much with 2 crabs under somewhere so that will just have to wait ....

Last edited by fandt94 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LeeHasCrabs

Post by LeeHasCrabs » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:34 pm

fandt94 wrote:
RiNiKy506 wrote:

Not the greatest of pictures but wanted to show you the significant size differences...the larger one is salt and the smaller one is fresh and where my largest crab fell into and was fully submerged...as you can see it doesn’t take up much space but is deep enough and big enough to submerge even with pebbles on the bottom for the smaller guys.
ImageImage

Can I ask are those the Flukers vines and are they attached with suction cups? I do want to build a vine/leaf “wall” on my 55 when I set it up.

fandt94

Post by fandt94 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:39 pm

ApePlanet wrote:
fandt94 wrote:
RiNiKy506 wrote: Thank you. That’s cool that mine remind you of yours with the same shells. Yeah post some pictures, I’d like to see yours. I definitely want to get some smaller pools.

ImageImage

Can I ask are those the Flukers vines and are they attached with suction cups? I do want to build a vine/leaf “wall” on my 55 when I set it up.
It’s not Flukkers...it’s super long though! I think it came with one suction cup ...I have it sort of just draped throughout and it really doesn’t move much but they love to climb on it. I ordered it from Chewy.

Topic author
RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:17 pm

@curlysister Here is a link to one of his pieces, click on sellers other items to bring up more of them. He has a lot of beautiful pieces for great price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/cholla-cactus- ... SwjtZbt62F

@fandt94 Thank you so much, now I know what to look for.

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:07 pm

Hahaha, everyone on this site must have run and bought them up - because he only has like one left now! I messaged and he is going to post more in the next couple of days, so I will keep checking!

fandt94

Post by fandt94 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:12 pm

curlysister wrote:Hahaha, everyone on this site must have run and bought them up - because he only has like one left now! I messaged and he is going to post more in the next couple of days, so I will keep checking!
Haha too funny because I was going to look also!!!

LeeHasCrabs

Post by LeeHasCrabs » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:29 pm

curlysister wrote:Hahaha, everyone on this site must have run and bought them up - because he only has like one left now! I messaged and he is going to post more in the next couple of days, so I will keep checking!
Hahaha. I’m gonna go check them out too. Thanks!