Is this safe

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
Hermie escape artist

Is this safe

Post by Hermie escape artist » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:47 am

Is 100% cotton ladder and hammock safe for crabbies ..... and what about Hemp I've seen written about hemp before and seen a hammock made out of hemp to that's safe ?

I like the cotton one better pics below Image

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

amandapri82

Re: Is this safe

Post by amandapri82 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:56 am

I've seen pics of yhr lighter colored and wondered what they were made of. I like the color but it may get dirty quickly with the substrate.

I've made mine of all natural jute chord, similar to hemp but not as stiff. Just have to make sure it has not been treated with any chemicals.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

fandt94

Post by fandt94 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:15 pm

I actually have those! I’ve only used the bridge and ladder...to me, they are a bit flimsy but my crabs love it and do fine on it. I have it attached with suction cups along the back wall ...one end tied to a rock structure and the other attached to a reptile hammock. I can take a pic to give you a better idea of what it looks like. I also ordered a small hemp climbing wall from a shop on Etsy. Haven’t seen any crabs on it yet, but it’s new.
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed

Topic author
Hermie escape artist

Post by Hermie escape artist » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:46 pm

fandt94 wrote:I actually have those! I’ve only used the bridge and ladder...to me, they are a bit flimsy but my crabs love it and do fine on it. I have it attached with suction cups along the back wall ...one end tied to a rock structure and the other attached to a reptile hammock. I can take a pic to give you a better idea of what it looks like. I also ordered a small hemp climbing wall from a shop on Etsy. Haven’t seen any crabs on it yet, but it’s new.
Ok Image yes I love it .. wanted to ask about it though before purchasing !pics would be great ya was hoping they would learn to climb it..

Topic author
Hermie escape artist

Post by Hermie escape artist » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:47 pm

amandapri82 wrote:I've seen pics of yhr lighter colored and wondered what they were made of. I like the color but it may get dirty quickly with the substrate.

I've made mine of all natural jute chord, similar to hemp but not as stiff. Just have to make sure it has not been treated with any chemicals.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
Ya the color sucks LOL ... THANKS

fandt94

Post by fandt94 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:13 pm

ImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed

Topic author
Hermie escape artist

Post by Hermie escape artist » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:51 pm

fandt94 wrote:ImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
NICE