Humidity

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
Crabby61

Humidity

Post by Crabby61 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:46 pm

I have a large exo-terra enclosure that I have set up for my crabs. I have been using a cool mist humidifier plugged into the Exo-Terra hygrotherm Humidity and temperature controller. I recently had to deal with flooded substrate luckily did not lose any crabs. I am trying to get the humidity at a more consistent level so that I do not have to use the humidifier as much or not at all, I wrapped the screen top with saran wrap and I also have towels on top of that, also have bubblers in water bowls, three moss pits, and some moss on the substrate. Temp is holding at 89-90 after adding a second ultratherm pad. What can I do to get the humidity at a more consistent level.

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Humidity

Post by aussieJJDude » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:59 pm

What the humidity at?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:34 pm

Check your gages too, the whole time I was thinking my small tank was too cold and my gage was just off. Maybe your hygrometer is off.

♡ Rod ♡ Salty ♡ Bob ♡ Squirt ♡ Crabina ♡
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers »-♡->

Topic author
Crabby61

Post by Crabby61 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:22 pm

I can get the humidity above 75 but it only stays there for about a half hour or less. I just replaced the chip in the sensor for the hygrometer so it should be good.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:05 pm

Add moss, use bubblers in your water bowls, and more importantly put a piece of plexiglass over the top so that there isn't a screen opening allowing the humidity to escape through it.
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
Crabby61

Post by Crabby61 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:25 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions. I covered the screen top with saranwrap and covered it with towels. Everything Iis holding steady with the humidity and temp now.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:17 pm

Crabby61 wrote:Thanks for all the suggestions. I covered the screen top with saranwrap and covered it with towels. Everything Iis holding steady with the humidity and temp now.

Great! Glad to hear!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com