Dry sand

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
Hermie escape artist

Dry sand

Post by Hermie escape artist » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:13 pm

Need help my sand is dry ! What do I do ? I dug down couple inches still dry .. didnt dig down no more but ...

Clumps together tiny bit but its dry ! The ee is dry
.... it was super wet I mean a good moist sand castle ness... what do I do know ... must be the heater ....

And crabbie was moving around today for those who read my heater issue .. and I just switched around his heavy blankets for now and put extra heavy blankets on the heater and tucked some in etc we will see SO ... WILL BE looking for insulation solutions this weekend ... I love my crabbie lol Jeesh
Anyways HELP DRY SAND

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Dry sand

Post by curlysister » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:54 pm

Add water along the edges, like where the sand and tank meet. It will seep into the sand. Do you have anyone under molting?
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Topic author
Hermie escape artist

Post by Hermie escape artist » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:36 pm

curlysister wrote:Add water along the edges, like where the sand and tank meet. It will seep into the sand. Do you have anyone under molting?
Nope no one is down ! Thankyou! How often do I do that ... and about how much ... i dont wanna flood it .. heard some.stuff about that

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:09 pm

Try half a cup in each corner and go from there? The thing is, its totally situational so you really have to gauge it yourself and add an appropriate amount a little at a time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
Hermie escape artist

Post by Hermie escape artist » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:38 pm

aussieJJDude wrote:Try half a cup in each corner and go from there? The thing is, its totally situational so you really have to gauge it yourself and add an appropriate amount a little at a time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
K ! I Will start with what you said Thanks !!!

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:35 pm

If no one is down, I would just get in there and mix it up well with water until it's where you want it. No worries of under or over watering that way.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
Hermie escape artist

Post by Hermie escape artist » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:41 pm

wodesorel wrote:If no one is down, I would just get in there and mix it up well with water until it's where you want it. No worries of under or over watering that way.
I love that idea ... but that's alot of sand !! Like 3 and a half bags or more ....it hurts !!! Lol but ya I don't like the idea of randomly pouring in water either... but .. ugh lol

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:30 pm

When I hand mix my substrate in buckets before I put it into the tank I use a small hand shovel, the kind for planting flowers. As long as all your guys are accounted for a shovel like that should make quick work of that. Just be sure you don't break through the bottom of your tote with it. Then you would really have problems!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:54 pm

Still easier than mixing a double batch of pierogie dough by hand. (What?? It's that time of year again!)
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:03 pm

wodesorel wrote:Still easier than mixing a double batch of pierogie dough by hand. (What?? It's that time of year again!)
I haven't had pierogies in about two years! No one makes them dairy free (vegan).

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities