UTH?

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
friesb4uxbabe

UTH?

Post by friesb4uxbabe » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:24 am

So its gotten quite cold where I live, I currently have a ReptiTherm that's meant for 50-60g tanks. Along with this, I have a smaller one that's meant for 10-20g. The temps have dropped in the tank because of how cold it's become, usually they're at 80-85, but temps have dropped to the low 70's. I just wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations on under tank heaters or ways to keep the tank warm? I have a plush towel on top of the tank, as well as cardboard and aluminum on the sides. I read this was helpful on here some time ago. Any who, thanks in advance!
P.s my tank is 55g.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

ciaraalston

Re: UTH?

Post by ciaraalston » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:12 pm

friesb4uxbabe wrote:So its gotten quite cold where I live, I currently have a ReptiTherm that's meant for 50-60g tanks. Along with this, I have a smaller one that's meant for 10-20g. The temps have dropped in the tank because of how cold it's become, usually they're at 80-85, but temps have dropped to the low 70's. I just wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations on under tank heaters or ways to keep the tank warm? I have a plush towel on top of the tank, as well as cardboard and aluminum on the sides. I read this was helpful on here some time ago. Any who, thanks in advance!
P.s my tank is 55g.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Reptilebasics has UTH and they're fast!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.
Follow my hermit crab learning journey on instagram! @hermitcrabs_in_the_boot

Monia

Re: UTH?

Post by Monia » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:35 pm

I can honestly recommend Ultratherm heat pad from Bean farm https://beanfarm.com/products/ultrather ... 11-x-48-in.
You will need to use styrofoam to insulate your tank (after placing the pad on the back). They have different sizes to choose from. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk