So, this isn't optimal.

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
Moniris

So, this isn't optimal.

Post by Moniris » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:13 pm

Decided to improve the water setup today, but I have no clue what to use as ramps lol. Or, for that matter, if I did it right Image

I've got all day but I'd rather not keep all 3 of my crabs (that aren't currently buried) in a crappy KK with some spare plexi glass over it for longer than necessary.

Any suggestions on what to use for ramps or how to improve this? Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Tamatoa ◆ Possum ◆ Apollo ◆ Racer
Instagram: @home_defense_crabs

Topic author
Moniris

Re: So, this isn't optimal.

Post by Moniris » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:48 pm

Quick follow up question, I notice the little guys have dirtied up the other shells in there. Should I clean them up when I notice them get dirty or just leave that to the crabs?

hermiwormi

Post by hermiwormi » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:15 pm

Moniris wrote:Quick follow up question, I notice the little guys have dirtied up the other shells in there. Should I clean them up when I notice them get dirty or just leave that to the crabs?

I heard that you should clean the dirty shells to prevent bacteria build up in them. I clean mine when they're dirty, usually because there's always poop and food all the way up in the Shell shop and, oftentimes, in the shells. Image I wonder how that happens...Magic?
Last edited by hermiwormi on Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fandt94

Post by fandt94 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:15 pm

I used craft mesh zip tied to make it easy for the crabs to get in and out for mine. (Haven’t been able to change the other pool yet because I have crabs under).

As for the shells...I give them a good cleaning every week or two depending....I rinse them well and then boil them in dechlorinated water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:08 pm

I have craft mesh as well, but I have mine done a different way.

♡ Rod ♡ Salty ♡ Bob ♡ Squirt ♡ Crabina ♡
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers »-♡->

hermiwormi

Post by hermiwormi » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:21 pm

RiNiKy506 wrote:I have craft mesh as well, but I have mine done a different way.

That's an interesting way to put your craft mesh on. Any specific reason as to why?

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Topic author
Moniris

Post by Moniris » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:54 pm

I'm probably going to use it as a ramp, my little guy is pretty mini and I want him to have the best chance to get in and out, decided to take the water level to about half his shell size for tonight so they can still drink but I'll get the stuff tomorrow
fandt94 wrote:Image

I used craft mesh zip tied to make it easy for the crabs to get in and out for mine. (Haven’t been able to change the other pool yet because I have crabs under).

As for the shells...I give them a good cleaning every week or two depending....I rinse them well and then boil them in dechlorinated water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:57 pm

I put it that way to save space since the bowls were round. I couldn’t get the craft mesh to lay flat in the round bowl so I tried that way.

Topic author
Moniris

Post by Moniris » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:16 am

Ok FINALLY got around to fixing the tubs. Turned out to be a super busy weekend so I didn't have a chance to get these set up before the last minute. Crabs should be waking up soon and hopefully this is up to their standards. Thoughts?

Also, left a reward in the moss pit if anyone is brave enough to go up there finally lol ImageImageImage