Decorating

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
SLEPTAS

Decorating

Post by SLEPTAS » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:17 pm

So I want a pool for my crabs to swim in and my tank is big enough that my old 20 gallon fits in it and takes up maybe a third of the room. I'm thinking about turning that into my pool but in order to do that I need a lot of water and I dont know if it should be salt water or fresh water. And I'm also wondering if 16 inches of substrate is too much or if I should leave some room for them to climb up the the pool, but then I dont know how they will climb down into the water or how deep I should have the water

Any suggestions on how to lay this all out would be helpful. I do have a coco fiber wall that they like the climb on and it goes straight up the side.

RiNiKy506

Re: Decorating

Post by RiNiKy506 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:09 pm

Someone had smaller tanks set up inside their big tank as pools, I think they had filters to keep the water clean. You need to have a saltwater and freshwater pool that they can swim in. You could have 16 in of substrate, that’s not too much, as long as you have room on top for climbing too. Plastic canvas for climbing in and out of the water would still work for you. Just be careful on how your going to keep your water clean bc it might not be so easy to get the whole tank in and out to change your water.

Rod♡Salty♡Bob♡Squirt♡Crabina♡Who
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers <-♡-«