Moving large tank

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Moving large tank

Post by Hermiesguardian » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:23 pm

I have a chance to get a 180 gal tank with built in stand (the tank is built in. Lol) for a really good price. The issue is moving it. Obviously we would need several guys but my husband thinks we would need a crane. How have any of you who have large tanks moved them?
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

RiNiKy506

Re: Moving large tank

Post by RiNiKy506 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:48 pm

I’m sorry this is really no help, I just have to say... So awesome!!! I hope you get it!

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:54 pm

RiNiKy506 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:48 pm
I’m sorry this is really no help, I just have to say... So awesome!!! I hope you get it!
Lol. Thank you! Me too!
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:00 pm

I would probably go and look at it with your husband. I would check to see if it is possible to disassemble it to make it more manageable to move. Then your husband can figure out if it is more feasible to move.

Xeno and I moved the 75 up a flight of stairs. It wasn't overly terrible. A 180 G alone would take a lot more muscle for sure. Add a stand and it can be a real task.