Crabitat tank journal

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Moe2076

Re: Crabitat tank journal

Post by Moe2076 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:57 pm

Thanks for linking this to your signature! I enjoyed reading/looking at it. I'm still thinking and planning my next build and I really like how thorough your build journals are.
18 PP: 2 teenie 3 small Gumbo; 1 small/med shell diva; 6 med: Evil Kenival 6 med/large
3 dogs: Maltipoo Tosh Pomeranian/Spitz Kaylee: Rotwieler/hound Bear
4 cats: Dottie calico Luna: DSH grey and white Moxie:kitten with spunk Ellis:Big lovey orange tabby

Topic author
Scarletfire

Post by Scarletfire » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:07 pm

Thanks!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Crabby in NJ

Post by Crabby in NJ » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:21 am

Absolutely amazing! Hope all went well with the adoption and everything else is coming along the way u envisioned it to be!
Crabbing with my son now! My my, how things have changed!

Shawna

Post by Shawna » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:36 am

I am wondering about the hamster wheel. Can you tell me more about this? Do the crabs use it? Did you put something on the inside? Thanks!

Topic author
Scarletfire

Post by Scarletfire » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:36 am

Crabby in NJ wrote:Absolutely amazing! Hope all went well with the adoption and everything else is coming along the way u envisioned it to be!
Thanks! I ended up having more decor than expected. Once my larger tank is up and running and I transfer all the crabs over, I'll do a remake with a lot more second floors for water, food and shells.
Shawna wrote:I am wondering about the hamster wheel. Can you tell me more about this? Do the crabs use it? Did you put something on the inside? Thanks!
The crabs love the wheel. I drilled a few holes into the plastic, and zip tied crafting mesh so they can grab on. In hindsight, I should've extended the mesh out an inch, so my larger crabs would be more comfortable. I see at least 2 crabs on the wheel everyday!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk