Crabitat is missing the secret ingredient

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
SinLeche

Crabitat is missing the secret ingredient

Post by SinLeche » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:59 pm

Title pretty much sums it up- I feel like my crabitat is missing something... I just can't figure out what. It's a 10 gallon tank and I have small 2 hermits, 1 of which has buried itself and I haven't seen it since I got it. My other crab is in the log hideaway so you can't see it in the picture.

Here's a picture of my crabitat: https://hopingforhermitheaven.tumblr.co ... 6895563138

The conditions are good, it's at 81 degrees and 82% humidity, the crabitat has over 6" substrate, saltwater/freshwater (I just switched to Instant Ocean and Prime), fresh food (in the dish currently is quinoa, red quinoa, minced broccoli, arugula, and green apple) and a chia seed garden in between the water dishes- nothing has sprouted yet. It has extra shells, cholla wood, 2 fake plants, log hideaway, climbing rope in the back, and a cuttlebone piece as well as 2 large leaves that were marketed towards hermit crabs on amazon....heh.

I know it can't be just me, like what the heck is it missing?
Thanks everyone!

Hermiesguardian

Re: Crabitat is missing the secret ingredient

Post by Hermiesguardian » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:47 pm

Why do you think something is missing? Sounds good.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Xenocrab

Post by Xenocrab » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:56 pm

Do you have an UTH on the back? Are you giving them proteins? Is there a regulator set up?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

6 babies, 4 Es and 15 PPs.

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:53 pm

Try a larger piece of cholla in the center of your tank to fill it out a little. Is that what you mean?