Bombing Home: What To Do With Crabs?

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
hermiwormi

Post by hermiwormi » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:01 pm

Hi again guys, I’ve returned!! My crabs are okay, except they’re attracting every kind of insect you can imagine into out home and even into their tank! We desperately need to bomb the house and I have crabs underground. :( What should I do with the crabs? We are infested with everything! The insects are even starting to attract spiders, ugh. Please help guys. I have a full 40G so it is pretty difficult to move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by hermiwormi on Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pincher

Re: Bombing Home: What To Do With Crabs?

Post by Pincher » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:29 pm

How big is your tank? Can you move it out of your home, maybe using some furniture dolly (I mean such: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-1 ... /301049476), some stores also rent them?

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:40 pm

I have a 40gb and can't imagine moving it. I think if you cover it with a heavy blanket it should protect them. Or seal the lid all the way around.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:22 pm

I'm not sure that it's the hermit crabs attracting insects. But I would agree with sealing off the tank really well if you are going to use any type of chemical.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Topic author
hermiwormi

Post by hermiwormi » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:37 pm

curlysister wrote:I'm not sure that it's the hermit crabs attracting insects. But I would agree with sealing off the tank really well if you are going to use any type of chemical.
I’m not sure where they’re coming from, agh! We keep our home extremely tidy and clean. There are even some around and in the tat.

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:56 pm

hermiwormi wrote: I’m not sure where they’re coming from, agh! We keep our home extremely tidy and clean. There are even some around and in the tat.

You can have an immaculate home and still have insects move in. German roaches will come anywhere they have access to moisture and will eat drywall, glue, book bindings, and are attracted to electricity and electronic devices.

Topic author
hermiwormi

Post by hermiwormi » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:13 pm

soilentgringa wrote:
You can have an immaculate home and still have insects move in. German roaches will come anywhere they have access to moisture and will eat drywall, glue, book bindings, and are attracted to electricity and electronic devices.

There are spider crickets and actual spiders as well, eugh!