CrabStreet Journal info inaccurate?

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

MauiMama

Re: CrabStreet Journal info inaccurate?

Post by MauiMama » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:45 pm

Awesome, thanks for the tip!
•°☆~♡~☆°• MauiMama•°☆~♡~☆°•

Zanthalia

Post by Zanthalia » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:49 am

I know I'm way late to the comment party on this, but anyway... "Sand castle consistency" is a little bit confusing to this brand new hermie mom. This explanation for the chopstick test is perfect! You people are geniuses!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Kydra

Post by Kydra » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:47 am

Zanthalia wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:49 am
I know I'm way late to the comment party on this, but anyway... "Sand castle consistency" is a little bit confusing to this brand new hermie mom. This explanation for the chopstick test is perfect! You people are geniuses! Image

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
You've never made a sandcastle at the beach??? Just joking with ya. I'm the same and been to the beach all my life lol. First thought I flooded the new 20G with saltwater and they'd get chemical burns, put a straw down to the bottom and held perfect shape with no water at the bottom so just worrying.

I actually ended up putting a brick of EE mixed with dechlor freshwater mixed in there since I was so obsessed about the salt content 😂. Sometimes the more we read, the more we worry! Then I'll post or send a PM to a more experienced member, get some reassurance, feel better about everything.

Just post if you have any questions. This has been a great place since I purchased hermit crabs on vacation. And, I was able to save/adopt one from this forum as well. Good people here!