Hermit crab hiding

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
Koda

Hermit crab hiding

Post by Koda » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:47 pm

I adopted 2 large hermit crabs 2 weeks ago and they have been in their new crabitat for 1 week. One of them was pretty active , changed shells, but has been sitting near the top of the coconut wall behind a plant for 2 days, without coming down. I am concerned about him and wonder if there is anything I should do, or if he may just be destressing. He doesn’t seem to be moving any.

Xenocrab

Re: Hermit crab hiding

Post by Xenocrab » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:25 pm

He's probably chilling out and checking out his new home. He will be more active when he gets comfortable.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

6 babies, 4 Es and 15 PPs.

Topic author
Koda

Post by Koda » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:18 pm

Thank you for your response :)

DragonsFly

Post by DragonsFly » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:52 pm

They are nocturnal, so they are generally more active at night than during the day, and often will find a favorite spot to stay in during the day, so it can look like they are "never moving," just because they are always returning to the same hiding place for daytime. Continue to learn about and improve their conditions. Best wishes!
--{}: Dragons Fly Farm --{}:
Resident PP's:"Major Tom" & "Billie Jean"

“An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered.”
― G.K. Chesterton