Larger hide

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Larger hide

Post by Hermiesguardian » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:45 am

My crabs love this tree but a couple of them, at least, probably can't fit into the hide part. Is there a larger version of this? I've looked and can't find anything. Any ideas? And I'm not creative so I probably can't build anything.Image

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Larger hide

Post by GotButterflies » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:03 am

I've never seen that tree like that.

Edit: You could always get any sized cork bark round. My crabs love to go in those. I buy large ones and fill them with moss.
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:25 am

GotButterflies wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:03 am
I've never seen that tree like that.

Edit: You could always get any sized cork bark round. My crabs love to go in those. I buy large ones and fill them with moss.
I think I got this at petsmart. I really don't remember. I think they like feeling like they're in a tree.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:29 am

Hermiesguardian wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:25 am
I think I got this at petsmart. I really don't remember. I think they like feeling like they're in a tree.
You could always stand the cork bark upright. :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

jennaleigha

Post by jennaleigha » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:25 pm

I know this isn’t exactly the same, but PetSmart sells this item and it’s huge. There are also 2 sellers on Etsy that sell driftwood and they very often have large pieces that crabs can go in to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:34 pm

Well I ended up getting a "tree hide". A large one for a guinea pig. And apparently I am a little crafty. I love how this turned out. However, I had difficulty removing the smaller one because there was a crab clinging inside. Eventually I had to gently poke at his leg and blow on him till he let go. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:37 pm

And I also set up their new large wheel. But there's not much room above and underneath it. ImageImage

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:08 pm

Nice job!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:34 pm

curlysister wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:08 pm
Nice job!
Thank you. Tomorrow I'll clean the mess I made making it. Lol