Ultratherm UTH Questions

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
PhillyCrabbie

Ultratherm UTH Questions

Post by PhillyCrabbie » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:39 am

Hi everyone.

I've been trying to get the heat up in my crabitat, and want to make it work. It's currently 70-73 degrees normally, with only a small UTH. Will adding in a larger or multiple UTH raise my temp enough to get me to 85+ degrees? Crabitat is 96 gallons, and I can add one on each side, but also dont want to overspend if 1-2 will do the job.

Also where is the best place to buy the Ultratherms. I saw Amazon is sold out as is a store a saw online. Another place had them crazy expensive, with shipping 10 days.

Thanks a lot.

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Ultratherm UTH Questions

Post by wodesorel » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:54 am

There's only two sellers in the states - The Bean Farm and Reptile Basics. One of them sells on amazon as well.

90 gallons are a challenge because they are so wide, 18 to 24 inches is a lot of space to heat across from back to front. I do think that one or two big pads would be enough, with some good insulation behind them. You could also insulate the bottom, top and sides to direct heat foward as well!
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
PhillyCrabbie

Re: Ultratherm UTH Questions

Post by PhillyCrabbie » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:41 am

I am going to try and go with 3 to start... (back, and both sides). I feel like I can always add or subtract if need be. At minimum the bulk of my crabitat will be significantly warmer, so they should like that better.

I hate using the heat lamp I have b/c it just sucks all humidity out ASAP