Coco Coir for gardening?

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
squidwhistle

Coco Coir for gardening?

Post by squidwhistle » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:36 pm

Hi everyone!

Anyone ever use the coco coir not specifically sold for pet use as a substrate component? I am in the process of starting in on a tank size upgrade, but need to get coco for my sub, and it seems that the stuff sold for pet use is sold out all over the place.

This is the product that I am referring to: https://www.amazon.com/Plantonix-Coco-l ... Z84F5?th=1

I would love to just order this and get going, but I want to be sure that it's the same basic vibe before grabbing something I have zero use for. If it is incompatible for use in my tank, I could use it to start a garden, except for the fact that my wife and I have been experimenting with our gardening abilities while sheltered in place, and we cannot grow ANYTHING.

Thanks for the help in advance!

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Coco Coir for gardening?

Post by aussieJJDude » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:59 pm

Yep, fine and safe to use. Exactly the same as the bricks in the pet store, just different labels. :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Coco Coir for gardening?

Post by GotButterflies » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:30 am

That is EXPENSIVE!!!!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com