Affordable Humidifier!!!

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
Theresa Howard

Affordable Humidifier!!!

Post by Theresa Howard » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:40 pm

I have found a lovely idem that works great to keep the crabs humidity up!! You can find it on amazon for under $15. Its called a Halloween mist maker. You put it in a small container of water and it blows water vapor. I've been using it with distilled water. Mine is in the corner of my tank in a tub i had laying around. My crabs are large and love climbing but they haven't seemed to mess with it. I fill it a couple times a day at the humility in my 40gal tank stays 70% and up all day! I love this idem, it works great and isn't going to cost you $60 like some reptile humidifiers. If you would like pictures or the amazon link let me know.

Happy crabbing <3
-Theresa

JoeHermits
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Affordable Humidifier!!!

Post by JoeHermits » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:31 pm

Does it allow for fog density control? I’ve considered household foggers but they’re not designed for enclosures so it’s easy to output too much water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:13 am

Theresa Howard wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:40 pm
I have found a lovely idem that works great to keep the crabs humidity up!! You can find it on amazon for under $15. Its called a Halloween mist maker. You put it in a small container of water and it blows water vapor. I've been using it with distilled water. Mine is in the corner of my tank in a tub i had laying around. My crabs are large and love climbing but they haven't seemed to mess with it. I fill it a couple times a day at the humility in my 40gal tank stays 70% and up all day! I love this idem, it works great and isn't going to cost you $60 like some reptile humidifiers. If you would like pictures or the amazon link let me know.

Happy crabbing <3
Like JoeHermits mentioned, household foggers aren't designed for tanks, so it can lead to flooding.
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:34 pm

Even foggers for reptiles can still flood, and fogger shpuld be used with caution IMO.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
Theresa Howard

Post by Theresa Howard » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:31 pm

I have mine set with a wall timer. I’ve been very careful when yawing it and tried it out before putting in my tank. I let mine run for 5 minutes twice a day and it keeps humidty up without flooding.
-Theresa

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:39 pm

Theresa Howard wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:31 pm
I have mine set with a wall timer. I’ve been very careful when yawing it and tried it out before putting in my tank. I let mine run for 5 minutes twice a day and it keeps humidty up without flooding.
Accidents are called accidents for a reason. Please keep an eye on it :wink:
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

CP95

Post by CP95 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:25 am

Theresa Howard wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:40 pm

Happy crabbing <3

Hi! Would you be able to send me the Amazon link? That would be great. Thanks in advance!!!