My hermies were exposed to toxins....lost a few :(

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:18 am

oh man, that's a bummer. I'm so sorry that happened. My mother chain smokes when ever she comes by and when I close the door to my hermie room, she actually gets offended!!!

I smoke too, but I wouldn't dare do it in my own home. I like my nice clean walls and linens and stuff too much. My ma's 72 years old. It's IMPOSSIBLE to ask her to stop!!!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:35 pm

I hear ya, Chickie....
I am a smoker, too.....but I only do so outside. (Never in the house & certainly not around the kids or pets!)

I don't know....maybe I am blaming this all on the cologne, but I guess it could have something to do with the move from the 20L to the 40B a few weeks ago. I usually lose a few to stress whenever I do a deep clean or a relocation. :(

HERMEZ

Post by HERMEZ » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:44 pm

sorry chick that you had another death--it could be PPS? Are they older crabs or newer ones. Tough call on to close the lid or not--I think instinct is to close it but you brought up a good point!

Ladies please stop smoking :) I care about ya'll - I quit you can too!
CrAbBy aNd PrOuD
2 PP's~2 Violas~1 Blueberry~2 Indos~1 Ruggie
crabbin since 2005.

Topic author
wickedannabella

Post by wickedannabella » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:54 pm

*gah*

Wow! They're really so sensative, eh? Wow!

Poor kids!

*hugs*

We're all getting rather whippy, eh?

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:54 pm

Herm-EZ wrote:sorry chick that you had another death--it could be PPS? Are they older crabs or newer ones. Tough call on to close the lid or not--I think instinct is to close it but you brought up a good point!

Ladies please stop smoking :) I care about ya'll - I quit you can too!
No, I don't think PPS, since I had the PP & two of the rugs for over two months. Could be the stress of the move to the new tank, though, I guess. Who knows? All I know is after that surface molt in that tank last night, I am getting very worn down. Four deaths & a surface molt in the past week.....It is depressing the heck out of me. :(

P.S. ~ Tried to quit twice. Put on 40lbs. each time. So I will either be obese or get sick from the sticks.

HERMEZ

Post by HERMEZ » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:01 pm

I dont lose mine when I deep clean or upgrade but you always have said that --that perplexes me.

I'll take ya fat OK!!!!!!!!!! We can be fat together :wink:

blaze88

hi

Post by blaze88 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:41 pm

i am srry
coloradocritterco.com

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:50 pm

Sorry Kathy. I've been spraying air freshner in the room where the crabs are but with a towel over the tank. I just noticed that the towel has been absorbing the air freshner and could very easily be getting into the air in the tank! YUCK! Thank you for sharing this with us Kathy, again I'm sorry!! :(

BAB

Post by BAB » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:53 am

Herm-EZ wrote:I'll take ya fat OK!!!!!!!!!! We can be fat together :wink:
HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

I'm TRYING to eat my oatmeal here. :lol:

Too funnie...
**Crabbing since July 2005*~*100+ successful molts**
I have a total of 2 PP's

Note:My information on crab care is NOT the only way to do things. Please research your topics.

Topic author
wickedannabella

Post by wickedannabella » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:16 am

Come on, Kathy! Get fat with us! :D

I'm STILL trying to get back into my pre-baby clothes...it's been 2.5 years!

*sigh*

Hermie Lover

Post by Hermie Lover » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:44 pm

Sorry to hear about your losses Kathy :( I know it has to be terribly depressing :(

I hope everything gets better for you!

And if ya need help w/ the weigh loss, let me recommend:
www.beachbody.com

You may gain a pound or 2 after you stop smoking, but it will gradually wear off, and your body will normalize again. Then the weigh loss starts :)
Angela

Crabitats: 55L, 40B, 29L

Crabbin' since 97!
They are draining my savings!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:12 am

I'm So Sorry *Kathy*