Habba Mist

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author

Habba Mist

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:17 am

Does anyone have a Zoo Med® Habba Mist #HM-10 ? Im trying to see different humidifiers for my tank. How big is it? I cant find the size of this anywhere. Can I put it outside of my tank, and attach a hose to it going in my tank?

Topic author
Willow

Post by Willow » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:26 pm

I have one, but I don't use it anymore. They're pretty big, and designed to be hung outside the tank, as it would take up a lot of room if it was inside. I don't like it for a crabitat. It doesn't mist so much as spray, and eventually you get a flooded tank (I did, anyway). Plus it doesn't do much for the humidity levels. I have a TropicAire I use now, and it seems to work nicely, although I don't have a powerful enough pump for it yet. I had a bubble pool for a while, and it raised the humidity, but I don't like the bubbling noise. If my humidity got really low, I'd do it again, but I really can't stand it long-term. The TropiAire makes a bubbling noise, too, but it's muffled because the unit is in the tank stand cabinet, so it doesn't bug me as much.