Bi-Lights

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author

Bi-Lights

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:08 pm

Does anyone use the bi-lights for their tanks? I'm using clamp lights right now, but the plastic doesn't sit flush on the back edge of the tank and I've had two escapees in the last two days.

Now that I'm thinking about it, they were both E's too. Hmmmmm....little terrors.

So I'm thinking about switching over to the bi-lights that can just sit on top of the glass cover. Would I need two for the 55g, one for each side?

Topic author
brandi9976

Post by brandi9976 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:41 pm

I use a 36" flukers combo light on my 55 gal. that gives me room on each end to set things like the spray bottle and I have my air pump sitting up there on 1 end.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:06 pm

I also used a 36" Fluker's 3-way unit on my 55G. I now use the Fluker's 3-way on my 75G, since Brandi now owns my 55G! :lol:

The 3-way has two bulb sockets, and an 18" fluorescent socket for a Repti-sun day bulb. :)

MacandHunter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by MacandHunter » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:31 pm

I use it for my 40 gallon breeder tanks, I use a 40W Day Glow and Moon Glow bulb in each hood.
Crabbing since 7/4/04 - 10 years!
I'm not asking salvation from you - I'm just asking to be safe for a while
make it easy - make this easy
it's not as heavy as it seems
wrapped in metal -wrapped in ivy - painted in mint ice cream