UK websites for shells?

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author

UK websites for shells?

Post by Guest » Thu May 29, 2008 6:45 am

hi,

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a cheap UK site which sells shells suitable for my hermies :)

I use Pet zoo for supplies- which is great- but they only sell crabworks shells, with are Pricey!

Ive ordered some shells off ebay, but i find its a bit hit and miss whether or not you get suitable ones/what you were expecting, since its mostly lots of mixed shells.

Postage from America is loads, and it takes ages to arrive (if they even offer to deliver over here...)

Also any U.K hermit crab fans?

p.s i got some cuttlefish Bone, and my hermies love it! yay!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu May 29, 2008 7:01 am

http://www.beachcomberseashells.co.uk/

I've not used them as I'm in the states but I've heard good things.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu May 29, 2008 6:39 pm

I ordered from El's Shells in January and had them within a week of ordering them. Post from U.S. is not always slow :D El has a good selection too . Three of my 4 are in her shells now and the only one who isn't is a bit eccentric anyway lol.

Witchy-poos

Post by Witchy-poos » Fri May 30, 2008 1:05 pm

Hiya, I can definately recommend Beachcomber as posted by luvmycrabs-they are superb, and very cheap too!! I had a delivery this morning actually! :lol:
Lots of nice shells, £1.99 shipping for up to 5 large shells, really well packed in bubble wrap and a box & shipped in 1-2 days. Can't fault them. Friendly & helpful too.
My delivery this morning was 5 x 2.3"-2.7" Tapestry turbos(polished) inc delivery = £7.99. I ordered Wed eve & they arrived this morning. The shells are stunning & my Hermies love them! :D
3 Dogs, 48 Hermies, 2 Finches, 1 Canary and little old me.
7 Jumbos, 11 Large, 11 Medium, 5 Small : All PP's.
3 Micro, 2 Teeny, 2 Medium, 2 Big Medium/Almost Large, 1 Large: Ruggies
1 Micro, 2 Medium:Violas
3 Medium Straws