Zoo Med Reptile Hood Combo or ESU Reptile Tri Light Hood?

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:06 pm

I was thinking about adding a moss pit, but am afraid it will attract bugs. Have you ever had an issue?

tlivs wrote:its on the side, not under

i have a moss pit in a corner caddy that keeps the humidity up as well as misting every few days

tlivs

Post by tlivs » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:54 pm

nope!
i soaked it in salt water and nuked it just a little bit.. maybe about 15 seconds
then i just put it in
i spray it with fresh water every other day to re moisten it
arthur, charlie, ralph, hunter and oliver
rip. benjamin

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:30 pm

Good to know. I might just end up adding it to my tank after all. Thank you so much!

tlivs wrote:nope!
i soaked it in salt water and nuked it just a little bit.. maybe about 15 seconds
then i just put it in
i spray it with fresh water every other day to re moisten it

Topic author

mama crabs!

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:19 pm

so that ceramic heating fixture is ran threw your hood? im really having some difficulty keeping my tank warm, ive tried the adhesive pads but they dont do that well.

thanks!

KrisDutt

Re: mama crabs!

Post by KrisDutt » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:33 pm

charlieNdes wrote:so that ceramic heating fixture is ran threw your hood? im really having some difficulty keeping my tank warm, ive tried the adhesive pads but they dont do that well.

thanks!
I know your not asking me, but I'll share my thoughts ;)

My hood has dual ceramic heating ran through it. I have two plugs one for each bulb, which should come in handy if I need a lot of heat or if I want to switch bulbs to something else. I plan on using it in the winter though so its still in the box.
2 Blueberry's, 2 Pink Indos, 2 Straws, 2 E's, 1 Rug...plus 10 PP's

Topic author

Exo-Terra Night-Glo (Moon-Glo) Tubular Bulb

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:47 pm

Hi Mama Crabs,

I ordered the Slider hood and it should be arriving sometime next week. Do you know if a tubular Exo-Terra night-glo (moon-glo) bulb will fit properly inside this hood?

Mama Crabs wrote:Oh, I'm so glad that I can help someone. I'm still kinda new to this, but have done a ton of research and have asked even more questions, so it's fun to share what I've learned. Good luck with your tank!