Donations

Please Help us out by donating!

Your contribution help pay for hosting and other site maintenance!

Sub Menu
Search

Please someone help ASAP. Worms in water dish.

Please post here if you are having a crab care emergency! Please use a real subject and not just "HELP!" Someone will help you as soon as possible.

Moderators: soilentgringa, Moderators (Senior), Moderators (Junior), Moderators (Standard)

Please someone help ASAP. Worms in water dish.

PostAuthor: Xenpurgisnachtt » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:12 pm

Someone please help- I've just looked into my crab's freshwater dish and there are these pale-yellowish worms wriggling around it- I live in a subtropical climate so they're likely bug larvae of some kind but I have 0 ideas what it could be- I'm about to deep was absolutely everything in the tank- someone, please respond as soon you can, this is really going to give me an anxiety attack. I need advice.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 182305.jpg

Xenpurgisnachtt

Re: Please someone help ASAP. Worms in water dish.

PostAuthor: curlysister » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:03 am

I don't know what the little wormies are, but I would not panic or deep clean your whole tank. If they are just in the water dishes, I would just empty the dishes and wash them out well. Hopefully someone else will chime in who might be able to ID the little critters!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers
curlysister

Re: Please someone help ASAP. Worms in water dish.

PostAuthor: wodesorel » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:37 am

I'm sorry, I can't see them clearly enough to even begin to ID. Generally though, everything in hermit tanks is harmless.

Are you on facebook? There is a great group just called Entomology that will ID when given a state/province and country. If you can get a nice photo I'm sure they'll be able to pin down what it is quickly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
See photos of all my pets @ wodesorel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Return to Emergency