New Crab no big pincher seems kind of slow

Please post here if you are having a crab care emergency! Use a real subject and not just "HELP!"

Topic author
Melissa21

Re: New Crab no big pincher seems kind of slow

Post by Melissa21 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:25 am

Thanks for the quick reply.

I do have worm castings and calcium powder. I do have honey also but I'd probably wait on that till I see him up. I'll have to look into the freeze dried insects!

YYWW

Post by YYWW » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:46 am

If you mix honey with peanut butter in a rinsed and dried eggshell half, you can leave it right next to the heater and itll last for at least a week you'd be offering carb, protein and calcium all at once!

Crabbers unite!!!

Topic author
Melissa21

Post by Melissa21 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:07 pm

YYWW wrote:If you mix honey with peanut butter in a rinsed and dried eggshell half, you can leave it right next to the heater and itll last for at least a week Image you'd be offering carb, protein and calcium all at once!

Crabbers unite!!!
Thanks gonna go do this right now!

YYWW

Post by YYWW » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:56 pm

Update me on how it goes! Its what i leave in the molters' tank when they get left behind through an upgrade..

Crabbers unite!!!

Topic author
Melissa21

Post by Melissa21 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:34 pm

YYWW wrote:Update me on how it goes! Its what i leave in the molters' tank when they get left behind through an upgrade..

Crabbers unite!!!
I will definitely post once I see him! And pictures if I can get any decent ones without bothering him.

Topic author
Melissa21

Post by Melissa21 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:22 am

Still not a single sign of him. It's been I believe 2 months and 8 days.

I tried searching the forum for "missing big pinchers" to try and get a rough estimate on how long he'll be down or just to read similar stories and didn't really find much.. I swear in the past I've seen threads on it but never paid too much attention as it wasn't an issue for me.

Now 2 hours later still really have no clue but I did read some interesting stories. :)

Anyways, at what point should I become worried?

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:38 am

Our very first molt experience took almost three months. Mr. Krabs had to have been down for at least 9 weeks. We didn't know if he made it or not but saw him out and about one day in the crabitat and got so excited. We are waiting for one to come up now that's been down since late October/early November. Give it a little more time :) with prior injuries he may be destressing and taking his time.