Crab fight and crab out of his shell!!

Please post here if you are having a crab care emergency! Use a real subject and not just "HELP!"

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Crab fight and crab out of his shell!!

Post by curlysister » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:39 pm

Awwww...it has been so long since mine were that small! He's so cute!
I'm not certain how long to wait, but I would give him a bit of time to get stronger. Maybe someone with more experience with a crab who has grown back that many limbs can answer. Be sure he has lots of calcium and protein while he's still in his iso tank.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:35 pm

The longer you can keep him isolated in good conditions, the better he will do long term. He needs to load up on food and have an undisturbed molt in order to have the best chance of long term survival. He isn't out of the woods yet!
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
SylysJ

Post by SylysJ » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:22 pm

wodesorel wrote:The longer you can keep him isolated in good conditions, the better he will do long term. He needs to load up on food and have an undisturbed molt in order to have the best chance of long term survival. He isn't out of the woods yet!
Okay thank you! I was holding him today and he is fast! When I first put him in iso he couldn't even walk with the weight of his shell.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Topic author
SylysJ

Post by SylysJ » Tue May 22, 2018 1:47 pm

Update: Bob is doing just fine! We upgraded to a 60 gal tank. And he has been out of iso for over 2 weeks now and is loving all the room he has and being back with the other crabs.ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

CrabsterBecks

Post by CrabsterBecks » Wed May 23, 2018 3:56 pm

Awwwwwww! Hey lil' dude. He's looking great!
Full~Time Mother of Four Beautiful PP's and incredibly blessed to have them as well as a German Shepherd and his bunny buddy!

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Wed May 23, 2018 5:50 pm

Love the set up!!
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi