Hermit crab is limp and loose in its shell

Please post here if you are having a crab care emergency! Use a real subject and not just "HELP!"

Topic author
ads3336

Hermit crab is limp and loose in its shell

Post by ads3336 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:04 pm

My hermit crap is so limp that its falling out of its shell. The limbs move freely if I move the shell. Is it dead or molding. No smell yet and it was moving all the place Saturday night. It actually had my other crab on ita back as if attacking it. And I had to pick the crab up and move it . but it crawled and went inside its "hermit hut" today I found it limp and lose in its shell. No movement what so ever. So loose it's almost falling out of the shell.

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Hermit crap is limp and loose in its shell

Post by curlysister » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:49 pm

Hard to say what's going on. Your crab should be isolated from the other crabs right now. Even with a plastic container or 2L pop bottle with the lid off and bottom cut off - put over your crab so he's in the correct conditions. See if this thread helps you at all:
http://www.hermitcrabassociation.com/ph ... 27&t=60048

Please fill in the emergency template so we can help problem solve:

http://www.hermitcrabassociation.com/ph ... 27&t=46102
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Topic author
ads3336

Re: Hermit crab is limp and loose in its shell

Post by ads3336 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:58 am

Thank you

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Hermit crab is limp and loose in its shell

Post by curlysister » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:26 pm

Please copy and paste the Emergency template and put your replies. Then we can help trouble shoot for you.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers