Pest Control

Please post here if you are having a crab care emergency! Use a real subject and not just "HELP!"

Topic author
trashbees

Pest Control

Post by trashbees » Fri May 24, 2019 3:20 pm

Pest control dropped in without warning and sprayed deltamethrin. Called the company and they werent very helpful about where exactly they sprayed, but I have concerns about the well-being of my crabs (and more so my house geckos that I Just obtained to help deal with the infestation). Apparently the **** lasts for 90 days. How should I proceed knowing they sprayed pesticides, and does anyone know any poisoning symptoms I should look out for/if it’s possible to treat the critters?

Plasmoc

Re: Pest Control

Post by Plasmoc » Wed May 29, 2019 8:08 pm

I have no idea but I would think you’d need to confine the geckos in a tank instead of letting them roam from for some time.

I’d call the pest control company and go up the chain telling them it’s s hazard in your home and you NEED to talk to the guy who sprayed so you know where he sprayed.

I’d also call whoever let them into your apartment and tell them they need to give you 24hour advance notice of anyone coming into your apartment for pest control etc due to pets / allergies / small child in the home / fill in whatever reason will convince them here. If your building allows your pets I’d be frank with them that they might’ve just poisoned your pets due to their not giving you advance notice. And don’t let them tell you it was an emergency they come in that’s BS.

Personally I’d also post a sign on my door or just inside the door stating to call you at ###-###-#### before doing any spray or treatment in your home (in case someone sends them back and lets them in).

So sorry, I hope your little guys are ok. Hopefully the guy spraying noticed the tanks and avoided that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oliviet#1

Post by Oliviet#1 » Wed May 29, 2019 8:12 pm

Wait if someone sprays pesticides outside can that harm the crabs and reptiles? They did recently so I can’t take my crabs outside.(please no comments on the handling the crabs thing)
I have had pets in the past, but my family can’t have any furry or feathered ones due to allergies. I usually try my best to help and currently trying to set up a crabitat. I also try to treat others with Love!❤️

PinchersAndShells

Post by PinchersAndShells » Thu May 30, 2019 9:04 am

Oliviet#1 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:12 pm
Wait if someone sprays pesticides outside can that harm the crabs and reptiles? They did recently so I can’t take my crabs outside.(please no comments on the handling the crabs thing)
If they only sprayed outside of your home it shouldn't effect the crabs and reptiles. Someone sprayed the inside of OP's home.
4 PPs + 1 E = Dusty, Momo, Seasalt, & Elvis
Captive Bred PP = Randy
75 Gallon Crabitat | Crabbing Since 8.11.2015
https://www.instagram.com/pinchersandshells/

Oliviet#1

Post by Oliviet#1 » Thu May 30, 2019 11:15 am

PinchersAndShells wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 9:04 am
If they only sprayed outside of your home it shouldn't effect the crabs and reptiles. Someone sprayed the inside of OP's home.
Ohh ok thank you. I hope OPs pets are ok!
I have had pets in the past, but my family can’t have any furry or feathered ones due to allergies. I usually try my best to help and currently trying to set up a crabitat. I also try to treat others with Love!❤️