My hermit lost a claw and a leg

Please post here if you are having a crab care emergency! Use a real subject and not just "HELP!"

Topic author
Amelia D

Re: My hermit lost a claw and a leg

Post by Amelia D » Mon May 25, 2020 2:53 pm

Bad news... (I think). He is still in the same position. Only change is he seems quite lifeless. His body is kind of hanging out of his shell. It looks like he is upright, though he just kind of hangs from his shell. Very limp. There is no death smell. I’m not sure if he just started a surface molt or what. Anyone have any advice? (No new limbs have been lost. I’ve been misting a lot more since yesterday. Other than that no changes.)

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Mon May 25, 2020 7:50 pm

Amelia D wrote:Bad news... (I think). He is still in the same position. Only change is he seems quite lifeless. His body is kind of hanging out of his shell. It looks like he is upright, though he just kind of hangs from his shell. Very limp. There is no death smell. I’m not sure if he just started a surface molt or what. Anyone have any advice? (No new limbs have been lost. I’ve been misting a lot more since yesterday. Other than that no changes.)
Aw I'm sorry to hear he's not doing great. Maybe someone more experienced can jump in, but I would say the only thing you can do is offer supportive care (make sure it's warm, humid, offer healing foods, salt and fresh water available, places to hide, etc). Image

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My Pets: 2 Pomeranians, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 13 hermit crabs.
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

Topic author
Amelia D

Post by Amelia D » Mon May 25, 2020 8:26 pm

He really looks dead. I’m not sure what to do 😣

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Mon May 25, 2020 9:54 pm

Amelia D wrote:He really looks dead. I’m not sure what to do Image
I don't think there's too much you can do except wait and see. I'm so sorry.

My Pets: 2 Pomeranians, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 13 hermit crabs.
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-

Topic author
Amelia D

Post by Amelia D » Tue May 26, 2020 8:50 pm

It’s official. My crab passed away. His body fell out of the shell. 😔

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Tue May 26, 2020 10:09 pm

Amelia D wrote:It’s official. My crab passed away. His body fell out of the shell. Image
Aw I'm so sorry! Image