Bug INVASION

Please post here if you are having a crab care emergency! Use a real subject and not just "HELP!"

Topic author
Lucieshermitcrabs

Bug INVASION

Post by Lucieshermitcrabs » Thu May 28, 2020 3:39 pm

I looked in my 10 gallon tank with 3 hermits and their was WHITE MICROSCOPIC BUGS everywhere!!! I saw one on the leg of my hermit crab since it was molting against the glass. All three are molting!!!! There are thousands of bugs all over the dirt and climbing in the dirt! I use eco earth there is about 5-6 inches of it. I need to do a deep cleaning but they are molting! WIll they get hurt? Or can I leave it like that! Please help, thank you!!!

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Bug INVASION

Post by curlysister » Thu May 28, 2020 4:33 pm

Are you able to post a picture using Tapatalk, or one of the image sharing sites?

have you read the care sheet on bugs? Do yours look like any of these?

viewtopic.php?f=124&t=92537
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Topic author
Lucieshermitcrabs

Post by Lucieshermitcrabs » Thu May 28, 2020 5:34 pm

I’m pretty sure that they are white mites. But I can’t see any of my three molter anymore. How do I use taptalk?

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Thu May 28, 2020 7:43 pm

Tapatalk is an app that you can download on your phone. Then you can post pictures directly from your phone to this thread.

If they are the little white food mites, they aren't harmful to the crabs. So if your crabs are molting, it could be more harmful to dig them up.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Topic author
Lucieshermitcrabs

Post by Lucieshermitcrabs » Thu May 28, 2020 8:38 pm

Ok thank you so much!