another crab death

Please post here if you are having a crab care emergency! Use a real subject and not just "HELP!"

Topic author
Happyghetti

another crab death

Post by Happyghetti » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:26 am

one of my crabs finally got out without me knowing. I saw the press n seal lid had fallen and went to see if any of the crabs had not gone too far, I came across a shell wedged between the dresser they are on and the wall, I picked it up and it was empty. I havent found the crab but I really dont know what to do at this point. I'm thinking of rehoming them but I dont know what to do.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: another crab death

Post by GotButterflies » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:53 am

Your crab has ditched the shell because it is weak. Check your bathroom. They usually go for high humidity areas. Press n seal will definitely not hold a crab in. They are really strong. You need a glass lid or a mesh lid with locking tabs or you can place things on top of the mesh lid. When you have a mesh lid, you need to then cover it with press-n-seal or plastic wrap to keep the humidity in. Good luck! I hope you find him/her!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com