Possible Molting Disruption: UPDATE

Please post here if you are having a crab care emergency! Use a real subject and not just "HELP!"

Topic author
CrazyDiabetic

Possible Molting Disruption: UPDATE

Post by CrazyDiabetic » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:43 am

After waking up to a lot of chirping, I decided to dig up my new crab and, lo and behold, theres my missing crab latched on to my new one who I assumed was trying to molt. I removed them both from the hole and managed to coax the one off of my new crab. I immediately moved my new one into the iso tank, and he seems pretty miffed, lots of loud chirping. At least hes making noise. I'm a new crab owner, where do I go from here? Out of the 23 who viewed the original post I figured at least someone would have some advice. I cant tell whether the new crab has dirt in his shell, do I try to help him clean it out? I'll let him do his own thing for now but I need some guidance on how best to make sure hes okay and on how to keep him that way.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Possible Molting Disruption: UPDATE

Post by GotButterflies » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:29 am

This will really help me help you: Could you please fill out the following: http://hermitcrabassociation.com/phpBB/ ... 27&t=46102
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com