Thermometer and Hygrometer Stopped Working!

Please post here if you are having a crab care emergency! Use a real subject and not just "HELP!"

Topic author
hermit_crab_mommy

Thermometer and Hygrometer Stopped Working!

Post by hermit_crab_mommy » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:37 am

So basically, my temperature has been at 80 for days now without moving. I thought the consistency was just because of having the same patters everyday. Today I noticed that my humidity stayed at 80% all day without me using my repti fogger which is unusual because I have a lot of trouble keeping my humidity up. I had a feeling something was wrong so I put the thermometer up to my air conditioner to see if it’d change. It didn’t for a minute but after a hit it on my hand it went to 65, which the air conditioner was set to. When I put it back in the tank, it didn’t move. I did the same thing with the hygrometer, which didn’t really move at all.

It’s 2:30 in the morning so getting new ones isn’t really an option right now and even in the day I can’t go out and get them and ordering with take days.

They are analog zoo med thermometer and hygrometer. Is there any way to fix them or to find a way to tell what the heat and humidity is without them?
New owner of 3 purple pinchers who I love

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Thermometer and Hygrometer Stopped Working!

Post by curlysister » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:53 am

There is no way to fix them as far as I know. You will need to purchase a new one as soon as you are able to.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Thermometer and Hygrometer Stopped Working!

Post by GotButterflies » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:03 am

I personally don't like analog ones...I feel like they are not reliable.

This is what I use. If I have one recommendation, don't use it on the substrate.
https://smile.amazon.com/AcuRite-00325- ... 184&sr=8-2
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com