Fumigation getting done tomorrow

Please post here if you are having a crab care emergency! Use a real subject and not just "HELP!"

Topic author
lesleyalena

Fumigation getting done tomorrow

Post by lesleyalena » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:19 pm

My new hermit crab finally changed his shell out of that old painted one from the pet store. Once he changed i haven't seen him its been 2 days. We are having our house tented tomorrow so i have to move them tonight to a new place for a couple of days. I plan on moving the whole tank since i dont have a carrier tank. Should i dig him up when he could be possibly molting or try to move the whole tank with him in it? Its a huge 29 gallon tank. I'm scared to not take him out bc i dont want the tunnel to collapse on him.

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Fumigation getting done tomorrow

Post by wodesorel » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:01 pm

2 days should be okay to dig him out. Have a small container (like for magarine or sour cream) filled with moss or moist paper towels, and leave him in there while he is with you. Make sure the temperature stays above 72.

Moving a 29 gallon filled with sand will be heavy and dangerous. It will have to be emptied to be moved safely! I would take it and all decorations with you, if possible, as the chemicals may settle on everything and they are dangerous to hermits.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
lesleyalena

Re: Fumigation getting done tomorrow

Post by lesleyalena » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:37 am

sorry im just getting back to reply but i took them out of the tank and still made my boyfriend carry the tank to our destination lol. I of course took everything with me of theirs and we are all doing perfectly fine. Thank you for the information and replying back to me.