New Hermit Owner

Please post here if you are having a crab care emergency! Use a real subject and not just "HELP!"

Topic author
ahguerra

New Hermit Owner

Post by ahguerra » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:21 am

16. Please describe the emergency situation in detail.
my crab has been very odd, it hangs our its shell, and I am not too sure what to do. The crabs were given to me as a gift for my birthday. I have a large one and a smaller sized one. The smaller one used to be very outgoing, and would move a lot. However, for the past couple of days, he doesn't move a lot and has been hanging out of its shell. I am really trying to take great care of them, but am having trouble understanding how to take care of them. If someone can please help me understand how to take care of them, I would appreciate it. So far, I have a water pool, food pallets, thermometer, multiple shells for them to pick, a hut, sand, and some kind of brown dirt specifically for them. Also, I have heard about molting, but I don't understand how it works.

crabs_lex

Re: New Hermit Owner

Post by crabs_lex » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:50 am

could you fill out the rest of the emergency template

AwesomeHermit

Post by AwesomeHermit » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:53 am

We would be able to help you if you fill out the rest of the template.
One or hopefully two Clypeatus
Goodbye my little E. See you soon.
Bye Fred. You lasted almost 4 years with me. Hope you're with my E now! See you soon Reeba as well. I can't believe I lost you only after a month.
Crabbing for 4 years!

JoeHermits
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JoeHermits » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:51 am

Molting is the process by which hermit crabs shed their exoskeleton so they can grow. It all happens underground so it’s unlikely you’ll ever see it.

As for your question, is your hermit crab still alive? They do hang out occasionally, but it can also be an indicator of passing, especially if the crab does not respond to stimuli.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk