Adoption success stories.

Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

CrabbyLover77

Re: Adoption success stories.

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:02 pm

accidentalcrabbist2 wrote:I found a purple pincher (I think) on our neighborhood golf course. The course had been abandoned and gets mowed 4 times a year. He was trucking it away from the mowed area. I checked around but it is safe to say he was dumped. He is set up in a 10 gallon tank now and is the most active hermit crab I have ever owned. He has changed shells from the painted pink shell at least 3 times. Once right in front of my family. I plan to throw the painted shell he arrived in away after a few more days but it has been an exciting week for him and us. Hopefully he continues to survive the week. Glad to have found this group as a care reference.
Good for you for rescuing the little guy! I'm not sure what people are thinking when they just let them loose like that. Image

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My Pets: 1 Pomeranian, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 4 hermit crabs.
"Animals are my friends, and I don’t eat my friends".
-George Bernard Shaw

accidentalcrabbist2

Re: Adoption success stories.

Post by accidentalcrabbist2 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:36 pm

I like to think that maybe young children were changing the enclosure and he escaped. It is a little less sad.