Failed Rescue Mission :(

Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

Topic author
Aurora Quartz

Failed Rescue Mission :(

Post by Aurora Quartz » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:21 am

My girlfriend works at petsmart and we both know how crabbies are treated in pet trade, so when she found a crab laying out of it's shell we decided it could be an above ground molt and be easily cannibalized or thrown out by her co-workers. Very carefully she transported it home. Unfortunately I could smell a bad fishy odor and knew it was dead. We returned it and just decided that we would swap and get a living one. We originally had four PP's, but unfortunately it became three out of no where.
Our new PP we expected to dig down and not come back up for a lonnnnnggg time much like our other ones, to molt and destress. But our little newbie seems to be non-stop adventuring day and night.

<3

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Failed Rescue Mission :(

Post by aussieJJDude » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:08 pm

Congrats on the new addition! Hopefully this one goes well for you!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Crabs || Fish || Shrimp || Snails || Plants || Insects

25G Nano Freshwater || 64G Freshwater Community || 90G Fancy Goldie Pond || 64G Crabitat
I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'... They're just things I forgot I had planned to get || Self Designated 'HCA Pic Fan' 2012+

Topic author
Aurora Quartz

Re: Failed Rescue Mission :(

Post by Aurora Quartz » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:31 pm

aussieJJDude wrote:Congrats on the new addition! Hopefully this one goes well for you!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Thanks a ton!