I'm new to crabs, can't find classifies

Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

Topic author
Blinda

I'm new to crabs, can't find classifies

Post by Blinda » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:16 pm

I'm a new owner of 3 hermit crabs. I am in need of shells. I can't find the classified ads!
Also, I could use help identifying my three. Where can I lost pictures?
Thank you very much.
Blinda~
Blinda~

AgentK25

Re: I'm new to crabs, can't find classifies

Post by AgentK25 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:39 pm

Hi! Welcome to HCA and the wonderful and challenging world of hermit crab addiction! You can post pics in the New Crabs and Crab Owners section of the forum if you'd like help with ID. And the Classifieds section can be found on the main forum page. You may find that ordering shells from Naples Sea Shells or The Hermit Crab Patch is easier than classifieds in some cases. I get nearly all of my shells from these two vendors.

Also, many new owners find the crab care guides to be very helpful and enlightening. Hopefully someone better able to post links will be along soon to help you more than I can. :)
Devoted Mom to 1 macaw, 1 cat, and 9 PPs

AgentK25

Post by AgentK25 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:42 pm

I also forgot to mention that you will probably want to find out what species of crab you have before ordering shells. Different species have a little different shell preferences.
Devoted Mom to 1 macaw, 1 cat, and 9 PPs

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:43 pm

You can post pics on the app Tapatalk.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

PinchersAndShells

Post by PinchersAndShells » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:36 am

Classified Ads: viewforum.php?f=12&sid=7224085a3a95ed5478df1bb3f14fad94
Shell Guide: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=92552

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk
4 PPs + 1 E = Dusty, Momo, Seasalt, & Elvis
Captive Bred PP = Randy
75 Gallon Crabitat | Crabbing Since 8.11.2015
https://www.instagram.com/pinchersandshells/

Topic author
Blinda

Post by Blinda » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:46 pm

AgentK25 wrote:Hi! Welcome to HCA and the wonderful and challenging world of hermit crab addiction! You can post pics in the New Crabs and Crab Owners section of the forum if you'd like help with ID. And the Classifieds section can be found on the main forum page. You may find that ordering shells from Naples Sea Shells or The Hermit Crab Patch is easier than classifieds in some cases. I get nearly all of my shells from these two vendors.

Also, many new owners find the crab care guides to be very helpful and enlightening. Hopefully someone better able to post links will be along soon to help you more than I can. :)

I can't figure out how to post pictures. Please help.
Blinda~

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:23 pm

Blinda wrote:
AgentK25 wrote:Hi! Welcome to HCA and the wonderful and challenging world of hermit crab addiction! You can post pics in the New Crabs and Crab Owners section of the forum if you'd like help with ID. And the Classifieds section can be found on the main forum page. You may find that ordering shells from Naples Sea Shells or The Hermit Crab Patch is easier than classifieds in some cases. I get nearly all of my shells from these two vendors.

I can't figure out how to post pictures. Please help.
You post pics on the app Tapatalk. It's a little difficult finding the right thread.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi