I am a new hermie owner

Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

Topic author
christielittle

I am a new hermie owner

Post by christielittle » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:00 pm

I am a new crab owner. I have 9 hermies: 3 purple pincher, 3 strawberry and 3 blueberry. I am so glad that I have joined this site. I have learned so much from the posts. Thank you for letting me in!

Hermiesguardian

Re: I am a new hermie owner

Post by Hermiesguardian » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:09 pm

Welcome! How big is your set up? I have a 90 gallon with 6 pp's and a 40 gal with 5. Also pp's.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:40 am

Welcome to the HCA!!! Please post pictures of your setup! We'd love to see your crabbies! :)
4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.
Follow my hermit crab learning journey on instagram! @hermitcrabs_in_the_boot

Topic author
christielittle

Post by christielittle » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:53 am

I have a 125 gallon aquarium. I added six on the first day, 2 went down immediately. I added 3 more and one more went down. I was hoping to enjoy them before they did that!

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:27 am

christielittle wrote:I have a 125 gallon aquarium. I added six on the first day, 2 went down immediately. I added 3 more and one more went down. I was hoping to enjoy them before they did that!
The 5 in my smaller tank are all down at once. I'm feeding pet sand. Lol.
125 gallon! Wow. That's my goal. 125, 130. I keep looking for deals.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Topic author
christielittle

Post by christielittle » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:26 pm

We had a pacu that was in that aquarium for many years. Now that he's gone, I decided to utilize the aquarium for something else. I am loving these guys!