My Crab just hides in shell and doesnt move

Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

Topic author
Nautilusmollusc

My Crab just hides in shell and doesnt move

Post by Nautilusmollusc » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:34 am

So i’ve had him since October.

Incan hear him move at night the first few months but since i got more zoomed coconut substrate and a few new empty shells for him. He hasnt moved and just hides under his shell. When i pick, he will move his claws and legs but not come out of the shell.

Temp is under 80. Its fairly humid. Feeding him zoomed food pellets and de chlorinated salt water. Using coconut substrate.

Wanna know why he diesnt move much. Please help!

Hermiesguardian

Re: My Crab just hides in shell and doesnt move

Post by Hermiesguardian » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:27 am

Nautilusmollusc wrote:So i’ve had him since October.

Incan hear him move at night the first few months but since i got more zoomed coconut substrate and a few new empty shells for him. He hasnt moved and just hides under his shell. When i pick, he will move his claws and legs but not come out of the shell.

Temp is under 80. Its fairly humid. Feeding him zoomed food pellets and de chlorinated salt water. Using coconut substrate.

Wanna know why he diesnt move much. Please help!
Please fill out the emergency template so we can see what his conditions are.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi