New Crabs

Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

Topic author
Babybytc88

New Crabs

Post by Babybytc88 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:14 am

Backstory: I have recently added 3 new crabs(PP’s?). I had one E prior. 75g. 90%humidity 82 temp. The biggest one of the newbies came in a shell with a 1in opening. He quickly switched to one just under 2in opening. I did not realize how big he was. He is quite larger than my E. They have not interacted at all from what I have seen. Bama (e) has gone close to him but she has not approached directly. 2 little ones appeared to have gone under. The large one has stayed on the food dish and ate quite a bit. Then went to the shell corner. I dipped newcomers in saltwater from the tank before placing them in the tank.

Hopefully everyone will interact fine but what should I watch for? I’m not sure what is considered aggression and what’s natural. I’m going to try and get pics later when the big guy comes out of the corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
Babybytc88

Re: New crabs

Post by Babybytc88 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:26 pm

First real meeting you could say. I didn’t realize that shells edge was slightly jagged either until someone is using it Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiNiKy506

Re: N

Post by RiNiKy506 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:30 pm

It’s ok if the shells aren’t smooth on the edges, they like to modify their shells, someone may have modified it.