New hermit crab owner

Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

Topic author
kellylaree82

Re: New hermit crab owner

Post by kellylaree82 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:54 pm

Thank you so much for your help, I greatly appreciate it. Making a trip tonight to the stores to get them some things.

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:57 pm

kellylaree82 wrote:Thank you so much for your help, I greatly appreciate it. Making a trip tonight to the stores to get them some things.
Good luck! I hope you find some good stuff. Image

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My Pets: 2 Pomeranians, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 13 hermit crabs.
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

Maddamay32

Post by Maddamay32 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:04 pm

kellylaree82 wrote:Thank you so much for your help, I greatly appreciate it. Making a trip tonight to the stores to get them some things.
Of course! I hope you find some good stuff!

Sent from my cp3705AS using Tapatalk

8 crabs at the moment "Tarzan, Kermit, Shy guy, Eduardo, Jimbo, Rosa, Diesel, Treaker"

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:02 pm

When I have boiled eggs, I keep the shells after I peel them. I used to crush them but now I just break them up a bit.
And if you are in a pet store looking for cuttle bone - it's in the bird section! I had a heck of a time finding it!
I feed a combination of dry and fresh foods. I order dry from Canadian Chubby Crab and the Hermit Crab Patch.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Crabsncritters

Post by Crabsncritters » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:20 am

New to crabbies myself so i don't have much insight to offer, but i love that mesh you have to let them navigate and climb out of your pools. Where'd you find it?