New to this accidentally adopted from petco

Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

Topic author
Ninjaneoncats

New to this accidentally adopted from petco

Post by Ninjaneoncats » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:28 pm

I feel bad but I was reading stuff and i was reading about how hermit crabs are treated bad and i was just worried if my hermit crabs would be okay they seem to be okay but will they be okay

22pony22

Re: New to this accidentally adopted from petco

Post by 22pony22 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:58 pm

Thanks for getting them out of the store. Glad they will have better life now! Make sure you follow all the guides on here and if you don’t know something it’s better to ask then to do something wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
22pony22
Current pets: Happy, Crabcake, Blue and Becca.
RIP: Peaches, Fred, Fishy, Goldie, Buddy, Hero, Nemo, Star, Aqua, Indy, King T. Hermy, Frogi, Grog, Yggorf, #4, Dude, Shelli and Bashful.

Hermiesguardian

Re: New to this accidentally adopted from petco

Post by Hermiesguardian » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:31 pm

Welcome! As 22pony22 said, read the care guides, food guides. Sometimes though, even with the best conditions we give them, it's possible they succumb to PPS, Post Purchase Syndrome. Once they go through their 1st molt, you can rest a bit easier.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi