New to the hermie world.

Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

Topic author
Cordj3700

New to the hermie world.

Post by Cordj3700 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:02 am

So my oldest daughter has been complaining about getting a new pet. We have been saying no due to the fact we already have two hyper dogs. As well as a toddler. Then out of nowhere she said she wanted a hermit crab. So I told her to do research on what they need. So she comes back with a list of a million things we needed. Was not expecting it to add up lol. So we rescued two hermies from petco the beginning of July this year. I have honestly been fascinated so much by these creatures. I have been doing the feeding changing water bowls. I find them very interesting. My husband laughs because he says I feed them gourmet dinners lol.
I have two dogs. A new owner of three hermit crabs as of July 2020.

jonathon1989

Re: New to the hermie world.

Post by jonathon1989 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:43 pm

Hello,

Welcome to the Hermit Crab Association. Hermit crabs are very fascinating creatures. If there are any questions you have please feel free to ask them. There are always members online to help.

We also have the HCA Care Sheet. It's full of valuable information. viewtopic.php?f=120&t=119273

CombatMist

Re: New to the hermie world.

Post by CombatMist » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:58 pm

Welcome

The more different than us the more fascinating the thing. Their needs, wants, thought processes, environment, life cycle and more are very different than ours. Yet we have an animal who actually has a possession of their shell which is there everything. It's their protection, canteen, food storage for later, porta potty, clothes, transportation. A shell is a big decision
Craber since (december 2019)
5 pps, 1 successful molt 🥳
20 gallon long