Adoption success stories.

Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

CrabbyLover77

Re: Adoption success stories.

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:02 pm

accidentalcrabbist2 wrote:I found a purple pincher (I think) on our neighborhood golf course. The course had been abandoned and gets mowed 4 times a year. He was trucking it away from the mowed area. I checked around but it is safe to say he was dumped. He is set up in a 10 gallon tank now and is the most active hermit crab I have ever owned. He has changed shells from the painted pink shell at least 3 times. Once right in front of my family. I plan to throw the painted shell he arrived in away after a few more days but it has been an exciting week for him and us. Hopefully he continues to survive the week. Glad to have found this group as a care reference.
Good for you for rescuing the little guy! I'm not sure what people are thinking when they just let them loose like that. Image

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My Pets: 2 Pomeranians, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 13 hermit crabs.
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

accidentalcrabbist2

Post by accidentalcrabbist2 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:36 pm

I like to think that maybe young children were changing the enclosure and he escaped. It is a little less sad.

ROSIEonFIRE

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:37 am

If were sharing out adoption success stories, all 7 of my crabs are adopted. I got the bug after visiting the beach but decided to do some research before jumping into a new pet. After learning that crabs are all wild caught I decided I didnt want to fund a destructive industry. I built my crabitat and waited for crabs to come available for adoption near me. It didnt take long to find my first 3 adoptees through this forum, and not long after that I adopted 2 more from craigslist. Last year I adopted 2 more crabs off of craigslist while on vacation for a total of 7. Its been a while since I've seen a 7 together, which is really the only way I can be sure they're still in this world. My whole crew just came back up from a collective molt and so far I've counted 5. 2 more to go! Chelipeds crossed!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

loveFoof

Post by loveFoof » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:53 pm

Just adopted 2 purple pinchers and they are now exploring their brand new tank! :)

Very excited to have hermit crabs again!
6 Adopted Purple Pinchers:
Mango, Papaya, Pea Pod, Tamatoa, General Grievous, and Yoonghi

crabbycasey

Post by crabbycasey » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:02 pm

I adopted 4 of my 7 right here from the HCA over a year ago…from 2 separate crabbers. They all share 105 gallons and are thriving!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loveFoof

Post by loveFoof » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:35 pm

Wow that's so cool!
6 Adopted Purple Pinchers:
Mango, Papaya, Pea Pod, Tamatoa, General Grievous, and Yoonghi