What are your crabs up to?

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

Hermiesguardian

Re: What are your crabs up to?

Post by Hermiesguardian » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:43 pm

Hey, you're holding up the line

https://youtu.be/Tk8PMw0eTAk
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Chris81

Post by Chris81 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:24 pm

Plumb just came up from a molt and swapped into a polished shell. Now all three of the crabbos are in polished shells. Thanks, guys. I was hoping you'd pick different-looking shells so I could tell you all apart with just a glance, but no. These crabbos are as bad as cats (which is why I love them so much...heh).

Overmountain1

Post by Overmountain1 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:56 am

I love seeing all the videos of the silly crabs! They’re always funny to me.
Let’s see- all my big ones are being lazy, my E tank is slow right now bc they’re about half digging in the sub, and big PP Barry down for her first molt w me. Poor Gene is her tiny PP sidekick and is so lost without her to dote on and watch over. They’re hilarious together. Image
Stumpy just hanging out

Barry in white shell, Gene above looking over her as always.

Dave the Wondercrab~Pat~Maggie~ Billy~Pop~Corn~Ten~Sam~MissTeri~Tim~Gene~ Barry~Mr S~Princess + 5 Es + Mr EnDoh =my crabby clan!

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:34 am

Laying Zoeae...again! If only I could get them to take shells. One of these days I hope to get them to. This is day two. (Edit: Clutch #9 for this year!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

GRMU99

Post by GRMU99 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:23 pm

The only crab that i have right now has been down for about 3 1/2 weeks hopefully molting. The las time i had a crab go down it never came back up alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 cats
Buddy and Belle

Scarletfire

Post by Scarletfire » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:08 pm

Sorry it's a little blurry. These two were under the wheel when I got home. As soon as the lights turned off at 7pm,these two were were climbing. About 15min later, these guys were at odds with each other.

Although they were adopted from different places, I'm glad they get along. They're always together, never too far apart from each other. Image

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:28 pm

Cher is back up!
Went down on May long weekend. Up for one day August 16.
Now back up October 9th! I hope she stays up for a while now!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:03 pm

curlysister wrote:Cher is back up!
Went down on May long weekend. Up for one day August 16.
Now back up October 9th! I hope she stays up for a while now!
Yay! That's awesome! ImageImage They look cute in the wheel together! Image

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My Pets: 2 Pomeranians, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 13 hermit crabs.
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

aslansgirl89

Post by aslansgirl89 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:39 pm

Well, now that they've both molted, I decided to add a bit more substrate and a few more shells as well and tonight is apparently shell swap night! I have been going in to look at them every hour or so to see how they like the new arrangement and every time I go in, they are in different shells! Shallan swapped her green turbo for a spikey shell, then had buyers remorse, tried another green turbo but found that it was too small and so she went back to the spikey one and then while she was distracted, Kaladin crept in and took her original shell so no more buyers remorse for her tonight unless he chooses another one too! These little animals are so entertaining to watch!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Overmountain1

Post by Overmountain1 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:10 pm

Just being cute. This is our newest little friend, Ryder. Super cute!!
ImageImage

Dave the Wondercrab~Pat~Maggie~ Billy~Pop~Corn~Ten~Sam~MissTeri~Tim~Gene~ Barry~Mr S~Princess + 5 Es + Mr EnDoh =my crabby clan!

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:28 pm

Overmountain1 wrote:Just being cute. This is our newest little friend, Ryder. Super cute!!
ImageImage

Aw is he/she a strawberry? I've only ever had PP. Ryder is very adorable!! Congrats. Image

My Pets: 2 Pomeranians, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 13 hermit crabs.
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-

Overmountain1

Post by Overmountain1 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:36 pm

He is a strawberry! And thank you. We think ‘he’ at least. This is the fella that escaped at his original owners home just before I adopted his colony, and was found in their basement 6 weeks later! It’s a total mystery but I was able to meet with the guy and pick this one up too. We are all saying our crabby prayers for him and I’ve been feeding him extra good these past couple weeks, so we are hoping he molts ok this time too with all his adventure time.

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:59 pm

Overmountain1 wrote:He is a strawberry! And thank you. We think ‘he’ at least. This is the fella that escaped at his original owners home just before I adopted his colony, and was found in their basement 6 weeks later! It’s a total mystery but I was able to meet with the guy and pick this one up too. Image We are all saying our crabby prayers for him and I’ve been feeding him extra good these past couple weeks, so we are hoping he molts ok this time too with all his adventure time. Image

That's great you got to rescue him too! Those big eyes are too cute. Image I did see that post about his crabby adventure in the basement lol! 'm so glad he survived and made it to your home. ImageImageImage

PeekaBoo2013

Post by PeekaBoo2013 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:04 am

I just adopted a hermit crab and spent this weekend trying to improve its crabitat. I bought two new shells for it and redid the substrate Etc. A few hours later when I went to go check on it it already switched shells! I was so excited. In its old home it didn't have any shell choices:( so I bet he was excited! I was excited that he seemed to be enjoying his new home.
2 Tabby Cats: Peeka and Boo(10/2013)
3 Purple Pinchers: Bagel (11/2019), Schmear (11/2019), and Lox (12/2019)

Brand new owner of hermit crabs, I have never been around them and I'm learning a lot!

aslansgirl89

Post by aslansgirl89 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:37 pm

Oh nothing, just being little piggy crabs, that's all! I put a few bits of cinnamon cheerios in the food bowl this afternoon to see if they would have any interest and almost immediately they were both at the food bowl! One carried a whole cheerio away to snack on it elsewhere and the other plopped himself right in the middle of the food bowl and was happily munching away when I left for dinner tonight at 5:30. I just came home at 7:30 and the same guy was still just munching away in the middle of the bowl! Lol!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk